June 10, 2009

Hope Cottages

hope cottages


'Hope Cottages'


5 x 5"


Wow what a great discussion we've got going about 'scanners', if you missed it please check out my post from yesterday and also Facebook. It's so great to talk to you all about it and hear your experiences.


Today I stopped by the charity shop and found a beautiful soft pink fine knit jumper to use as a backing for a crochet ripple cushion cover I am making, I am so pleased now I have no excuses to get on with it lol! I'm using Lucy's pattern for ripple stitch and it is really easy to follow, try it! You can see part of it in my header image at the top of the page, I'm using soft shabby tones and will be putting the finished cushion on our old sofa (which needs a makeover). I'm planning on making several to pretty it up and make it more cozy.



Talking of cozy aren't these two cottages sweet?! They were inspired by two little cottages near our house which are surrounded by lot's of land. There are usually lot's of animals to be seen there including horses and sheep. I thought they were so cute that I just had to paint them. I used some sparkly stars nestled in beeswax to finish it off and give it a dreamy look. You can find 'Hope Cottages' on ebay now. Sold thank you.

Tomorrow is Ange's Shop For a Cause Auction day, where I have donated a painting of her lovely Glo Cakes, please stop by there are many items up for auction and all the money raised will be going to The Candian Cancer Society.


Have a great day and don't forget to let me know your thoughts on 'scanners'.


Niki


xxx




3 comments:

Kaci Marie said...

Hi Niki, droppin' by from the fish bowl. I love you sheep and trees in 'hope cottage' and the love angel bookmark in your Etsy shop. Looking forward to getting to know you over the next 6 weeks!

Laura said...

Hi Niki,
Thanks for posting this info about the scanners! Very interesting! (I think I might be one!) I found your site via the fish bowl. :)

Laura’s last blog post..Response to question No. 1

Lula - aka Amy said...

Niki -
Your work is fabulous!!! Just makes me happy looking at every piece on your Etsy site!!!!

Amy

Lula - aka Amy’s last blog post..I Like You Already!!!