April 21, 2011

Flapjacks – A healthy Recipe!

flapjacks

flapjacks2

Fancy baking something tasty, comforting and healthy?

I’ve been wanting to try agave nectar for a while now and so I decided to make some flapjacks, substituting the golden syrup for agave nectar. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but these turned out fabulous and I actually think they taste better!

I used Mary Berry’s recipe, which I borrowed from my Mum Winking smile they were a hit with my Hubby as well. Very yummy.

And then today I tried another variation! Instead of using butter I subbed for olive oil and apple sauce, oh yum! A sure winner! Chewy and yummy, the apple makes it almost apple crumble like in taste, delicious!

Try them yourself! Let me know if you do x

nikisig

xxx

1 comments:

Stacie said...

Looks yummy! I'll have to give them a try!