July 04, 2011

Making Painting Portable…and I can!

potablepainting1

I love daily painting but I always seem to allow the negative voice in my head that tells me it’s too hard or I can’t do it… because I don’t have anything to paint on, I don’t know what to paint blah blah blah. I hate giving into that voice, it always leaves me feeling rubbish and that is not how I want to live my life.

‘The Journal Project’ has been such an amazing transformation for my drawing. As I said in a previous post that I’ve always wanted to be one of those people who fill up loads of sketch books with their drawings and have that special time each day doing the thing they love - drawing! Ever since I started this a few months ago now it has transformed my drawing time. I am really enjoying it and am drawing so much more than I was. I’m achieving my drawing dream!

Wouldn’t it be great if I could have the same success with painting! This morning in my quiet time I had a God moment, He gave me the idea to create a similar project for painting and in that moment ‘The Painters Project’ was birthed!

The thing that makes  ‘The Journal Project’ so successful for me and I’m sure for the others who take part, is the fact you hardly need anything to get started and you can draw anywhere! That works so well for me. I don’t want any excuses holding me back.

portablepainting2

So I thought ‘I need a portable painting box!’ I dug out one of my old art boxes I used for college many years ago and started to fill it with my essentials. Of course if you are a Plein Air painter you probably already have one of these and I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it before. You know me, I love the outdoors and so now I have no excuse not to paint a lot more!! and outdoors when I like too!!!

So if you are like me and want to paint far more often and maybe you want to be a daily painter but just needed a kick in the pants to get going and committed then here for you I present ‘The Painters Project’ a community of people sharing the same goal and a way to make it easy to indulge in what you love – painting.

I can’t wait to get started and also to see your paintings, I hope this new group will really bless you and help you in your journey as a painter whether pro or hobbyist. Open-mouthed smile

Come and join us!

paintersprojectbutton

nikisig

xxx

0 comments: