July 26, 2012

IF ‘Carry’

Niki Jackson The Vintage Artist Busy Bee Original Painting

I thought it would be fun to start taking part in Illustration Friday’s prompts, so here is my first for the word ‘Carry’.

The bee carries the pollen from flower to flower, doing it’s job in nature.

The colour palette for the wild flowers was inspired by a gardening programme I watched the other day, Alan Titchmarsh’s ‘Love Your Garden’. I thought the colour of the plants they chose to make over this families garden was so stunning I wanted to use it in my painting.

This painting was done on beautiful birch plywood chunky canvas and will be available from tomorrow, along with prints of the image.

Blessings

nikisig

xxx

3 comments:

michele thomas said...

wow, this is so lovely and I agree the colours are fresh and pure. creat idea for the theme as well!

Mechelle said...

Niki this would make a great note card. Your illustration is fantastic!

Kelly Bermudez said...

I love this one Niki!