August 24, 2009

Ways I CAN help and you can too!

childintlogo

As you all know Hubby and I are Christians and love to help where we can. I’ve always enjoyed giving from bake sales to 24hour famines to raise money for various charities.

Well it came to my attention from the lovely Caitlin’s blog that we could sponsor a child and help to make a difference in their life.

It couldn’t have come at a better time since Hubby often talks of going out to the poorer countries to help build schools and he recently went to France to help build a wood store for the Chateau our church helps to maintain.

chateau trip - April 09 026a

chateau trip - April 09 021mark

woodshedmark

I wondered how I could help since hands on isn’t really my gifting and here is my chance.

Through Caitlin’s blog I found out about Children International and we are now sponsoring a little girl called Francis, who is 3 years old. Her family lives on only $40 per month. When I think what we have, it breaks my heart.

I also found a great UK based charity called Compassion who are a Christian based charity helping bring God into the lives of the children who need sponsorship. We have sponsored a little girl called Maria who is 8 years old.

These and many others are doing such a great job to try and help these poor families, if you would like to help too please visit their websites to find out more.

Children International http://www2.children.org

Compassion http://www.compassionuk.org/

I’ll be back tomorrow with another new painting.

nikisig

xxx

0 comments: