October 27, 2009

Sharing…

The Reeds Mixed Media Painting by Niki Jackson

‘The Reeds’

Acrylics and charcoal pencil on paper.

I’ve been playing a lot for the class I am taking with Mystele and it sure is an emotional rollercoaster. I’m learning so much about what I love and what I don’t. Letting myself just ‘play’ and seeing where it takes me. Here is a painting I did in my sketchbook at the weekend, I love how it turned out!

It’s such an exciting journey I can’t wait to see where it takes me next and I am so glad to be sharing this journey with you. As artists we are always learning, always evolving and always expressing in new ways and that is the beauty of art!

See you soon with another glimpse of my journey.

nikisig 

xxx

5 comments:

Darlene Hull said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love what's coming out of your studio these days.

Darlene

Niki said...

Wow! Thanks so much Darlene, that means a lot. xxx

ellie said...

This is a beaute, Niki! So serene feeling.....and you sound like you are so enjoying yourself, too! ; )

Mary said...

so glad you posted it Niki!! It really is beautiful!!

Dena Elwood said...

Wow, I just love your choice of colors and this piece is so simple but lovely at the same time. Your designs are some of my favorites, thats why I am back so often.
Hugs Dena