May 20, 2011

Spreading My Wings

elliesketch2011cropped

I’ve been feeling really restless for a long time now, itching to spread my wings and work in other mediums but the thought of not doing my cute whimsical paintings, well it made me sad. How could I do both?

I’ve struggled with putting all the different mediums together in my Etsy shop and feeling like it just looked too confusing, and while some of you may say no, I felt it just wasn’t working.

The pull to create in other ways has been a recurring theme for me for years and I didn’t know what to do about it. Recent events have helped me to decide that I need to honour the different parts of what makes me ‘me’ and be creative in many ways.

I’m currently taking Paulette Insall’s Divine Romance class which is helping me to paint in a way that is less thinking more doing, connecting with God and allowing Him to flow through me. It’s exciting to see what will come out and I look forward to sharing more with you about this later on.

In the meantime, some of you may have seen my recent ‘Ellie’ sketch which has got me really excited! I totally loved the experience of creating in this way, again it was more doing rather than thinking and simple yet so striking. I decided that sketching is something I want to do a lot more of and am now offering custom pet sketches along with my photography and abstract paintings on my new website.

This seemed the perfect way to have the best of both worlds, I’ll be listing all my cute whimsical paintings and prints on my Etsy store and all other art and photography at Big Cartel. I’ve added new links on the menus here to help you find what you need.

Excited to be on this new journey,

nikisig

xxx

1 comments:

becky aka theRav said...

Hi! I found your blog thru the Liberat Your Art post card swap which I will be participating in. I hope I have found a newfound art friend. I checked out your Etsy. I love your birds best. I recently came across an article that said if you have a style, you shouldn't change it. I participate in a Market Days in the south. One man told me my art was all over the place which made me doubt myself into thinking I was going in too man directions but I am an an abstract artist/photographer and abstracts can go in many directions.